Sunday 15 September 2013

Book Review : Deception by Stacy Claflin (Transformed #1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Deception

Author:  Stacy Claflin

Publication Date:  29 November, 2012

Publisher:  Stacy Claflin

Goodreads - Amazon







Summary:


Alexis is not the average person because she's exceptionally brilliant. When mysterious things start happening to her, she pursues the truth and learns is that she's been lied to her entire life. She runs into deception at every turn.

What she finds on her own terrifies her and she questions whether she really wants to know the truth about herself...

Until she meets a stranger and they experience an instant connection. She feels that she's known him her entire life, but she has never seen him before. At their first meeting, he knows more about her than she knows about herself. She begins to seek the truth about herself again and what she discovers turns her world completely upside down.

Everything that she believed to be false is suddenly her new reality.


My Thoughts:


I so loved that I read the prequel first, I knew some things first then the characters knew them, and that was really awesome. I can't say that I adored or loved the book, I plain LIKED it, and I think it's good, because, all the other books I have been reading were books I loed or books I hated, and it was really nice, to like the book, so that it would give you time to relax.

The book is really easy to read and hooks you up in no time. Maybe that's why I went to sleep at 3:20 a.m. But that's not the point, sometimes you really be frusttrated, but then, you will take everything as granted, and will have fun with Alexis, because she really is great. You won't hate her, no matter what she does, and that's really admireable, because you will get her pain and frustration, and the first book will leave you craving to read more. That what it has done with me. Guess there will be two more sleepless days ahead xD.

The book is about a plain and boring girl Alexis, who discovers that she is a Vampire in Transition, and that she will be one of the most powerful Vampires when she finishes her transituon, and oh-la-la, she is also the princess and she will rule some day the whole kingdom of Vampires, but first she has to survive her transition, make some mistakes, take out an evil group of Vampires called Moretti's and choose between two guys. Nothing special right? You are right, but what makes the book so funny and good to read, is how it is written. If you asked me to buy this book by it's cover, I would have never bought it. Because the cover doesn't suit the book, so I just pretended I didn't see the cover, and yeah, that made the trick, the book was great. Mainly it's only for one read, you won't take and re-read it, because I don't think it will hook you up again liked first time read. But maybe I am wrong.

I will say no more, because, I do really want to continue reading next book, so please forgive me. And if you want to take your mind off your problems, that's your read. you will be laughing out loud sometimes, and you will really feel better, trust me. Happy Reading, and if you have already read the book, don't forget to tell me what you thought about it. And yes, I nearly forgot, my Character Bitching will come after I read all books, so that it will be really interesting. Enjoy :)) 

My Rating:


Characters  4/5
Writing        4/5
Cover           1/5
Plot               3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment