Thursday 5 September 2013

Review : Paranormalcy by Kiersten White (Paranormalcy #1)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Paranormalcy

Author:  Kiersten White

Publication Date:  31th August 2010

Publisher:  HarperTeen

Goodreads - Amazon - Barnes & Noble







Summary:


Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

My Thoughts:


I always thought that my favourite book in paranormal romance, which has nearly every paranormal being in it was Shadow Falls Series by C.C. Hunter, but after Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, I guess I developed another favourite book.  And please don't be surprised if sometimes I compare this book to Shadow Falls books.

And now our IMAGINE thing. Imagine, you are sixteen, you can see what no one else can see, and that's why you don't have a real ( mom + dad, and grandparents ) family but you have a job. Though this job has advantages like awesome credit card with awesome deposit, but it has its disadvantages:

  1. You live undergoround ( I think I should have written that after some other disadvantages, but still, leaving undersgound sucks! Unforgively sucks! )
  2. You officialy don't exist, I mean you don't even have an officail birthday day, you celebrate it on New Years Eve.
  3. Your ex is super creepy, and he is this most super powerful being, which exists nowadays on earth and other realms.
  4. You risk your life every day, or nearly every day, and you are constantly lied to, (but you know that only when you see this awesome guy, who can shape-shift)
That are not all, just main ones, but still, if I say all disadvanatges, will it be interesting to read the book? Nope, I wouldn't. Oh, I guess, I forgot where I was, Yeah, I remebered, Have you Imagines all that I have told you just now. HAve you? If you did, what do you think would you like such life? Kill me, but I would have, maybe just to be extra-ordinary like Evie, to have her gift, to see the hidden world in our world. But maybe, that's too extreme.

Evie's life crumbles when she meets Lend, the guy who can shift, and he is the cause, of her problems, and her understanding herself, He is the one who was tehre for her, every time, and even more in the next books, But what is in other two books, is none of the concerne of this review, because I will surely spoil my upcoming reviews, and I really don't want to do that. And because of that:

Fans of Shadow Falls series, I first recomend this book to you, because it's a long time to April, to read sequel, and you have about 9 months to read this one, and enjoy it. So, just give it a try, I do think you won't be diapointed, I wasn't even though I have waited about 3 years to read it, and really enjoyed it. So if you have read it, tell me how you liked or disliked it. And of course Happy Reading !!! :))

Rating:


Characters   4/5
Writing         4/5
Cover           4/5
Plot               5/5




No comments:

Post a Comment