Tuesday 8 September 2015

Book Review : The Heir by Kiera Cass (Selection #4)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: The Heir

Author: Kiera Cass

Publication Date: 5 May 2015

Publisher: Harper Teen

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.

My Thoughts:


Hi everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I have the 4th book of selection series for you, and as you see for now it has the lowest rating, why? Well, in the beginning when I got 4 books + short stories, I didn’t really pay attention to the summary of the 4th one, so when I started reading it and I was confused from the very first age, I thought I had a wrong book. But when I started drafting this post end actually read the summary, I was thinking of giving the book full 4 leaves, but because of a particular annoying character the rating stayed the same.

I can’t say I didn’t enjoy the book, I did, but to say the truth it was absolutely out of blue fro me. There were so many things to discuss after the 3rd book, and my initial thought was: “if you’re not giving answers to the questions arisen in the previous book, don’t just start over with a new character” if we are talking in programming language this book was Selection 2.0. Though there are many interesting characters like Kile, Henri or Erik, the main character – Eadlyn is the most annoying and self-centered character I have ever read about. And if in other cases those tried to become less selfish, this one was getting more and more frustrating by each page.

In the beginning I could have even sympathized with her, but the more I got to know her the more of an anti-character she became to me. How could such a kid be born from Maxon’s and America’s genes? She was talking about protocol, but she was the one making the worst mistake by calling king daddy in public. Her I’ll-be-the-most-powerful-girl-in-the-world attitude drove me crazy. Somebody had to teach her that she was nothing but a brat, only thinking about herself not seeing anything beside her almightiness. And for that I thank Ahren and a bit Kile. Though Kile did disappoint me when he gave in and kissed her the second time, but hopefully she gets to stay with him, he can at least say what he thinks abou her without any problem. The character, which I loved, definitely is Ahren. I was so happy for him when he got up and eloped, though he would have done it in a better manner, so America wouldn’t have Aa heart attack, but at the same time if he made Eadlyn think about all her bad characteristics, and she’ll actually become a better queen I’m totally up for it.

I hope the last book will be fantastic, but I won’t be making any expectations, I do really hope Eadlyn will lose her bratty attitude and many secrets will find answers. If you haven’t read this book, grab your copy now. I did write all that I didn’t enjoy, but there was a lot that I enjoyed, get started with a new generation n a new version of Selection! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga. Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment