Tuesday 1 September 2015

Book Review : The One by Kiera Cass (Selection #3)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: The One 

Author: Kiera Cass

Publication Date: 6 May 2014

Publisher: Harper Teen







Summary:



The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.


My Thoughts:


Hi guys and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! As promised about a month ago, I’m back with Selection series. Though I did not review short stories, as I still have to read them. Sorry, but you’ll have to wait for some time. This book was absolutely fabulous, and though there are 2 more books, I was quite content with everything ending on the 3rd book. However, that was only for maybe 5 minutes. My curiosity was at peak, so I really want to know what is going to happen next.

We were left with America nearly sent home and she promising to be on her best behavior aka obey the King without second thought, and we all know how easy that is to her. Therefore, we get to see a lot of King’s dark side, but he’s always left disappointed with Maxon and America. We finally get to know the Northern rebels, and some of the news they bring are shocking, but not so much. I did have my doubts, and somehow they all appeared to come true. We get to see an idiot couple aka Maxon and America. Why I call them like that? Until the last moment neither of them wanted to confess. I did get America’s concern, but Maxon was like a torn dog, he wanted both, but he really needed only are one of the girls!

My pleas were heard and we get to know Celeste a bit better. And you’ll actually love the girl. She is quite sweet, in a way. The problem that I knew would arise is definitely America’s and Aspen’s past, and it finally did, and I was holding my breath what would Maxon do. He didn’t disappoint me. He did what I thought he would, nearly choosing the wrong girl. It did work out at the end between those two. However, there are lots of things that you need to read about by yourself as I can’t spoil them. Not happening. I am really trying my hardest here!

I hope you’ll grab your copy now, if you still haven’t read the series yet. I loved it and I do believe you’ll love it too. Okay, first impression was definitely because of the cover. That dress is gorgeous! I want a similar on my wedding. Enjoy the book to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. The 4th book review coming soon! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment