Monday 7 September 2015

Manga Review : It's Lonely By Myself by Kozue Chiba



Title: It's Lonely By Myself 
Original Title: 
Author: Kozue Chiba
Artist: Kozue Chiba

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, 

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 18

Volumes & Chapters: 3 Volumes

Volume 1 Chapters 1-5
Volume 2 Chapters 6-10
Volume 3 Chapters 11-15



Summary


Shio loves to write lyrics, and it's her secret dream to become a singer. However, THAT GUY found out about the dream that she can't tell anyone else about?!

Shio has no friends and is known as a devil, because she often writes something in her notebook. 
Though, no one has seen what she has written in it. Until that day....


My Thoughts


Review covers 15 chapters 

Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Have I mentioned that I adore Kozue Chiba’s works? If I haven’t, I’m doing it now. This is the third or the fourth time I’m covering her works on my blog, and it’s definitely not the last one. I have one or two works, which I want to cover, but am waiting the translation of those to be completed to share my thoughts with you. But that will be, oh, so not soon… Okay, let me stop wailing and get back to the story.

Why do I love Kozue Chiba’s works? Her drawing style is one of the main things and another - definitely her stories. All her stories radiate so much positive feelings that no matter how sad or an awful day I had, if I read at least one chapter of any of her works my mood instantly gets better. And whenever I start, I can’t put it down; even if I have read all her works 4 or even more times each. But let me get back to the story. Meet our heroine – Shio, you could say she is an outcast at school; she doesn’t talk to anyone and always writes something in her notebook. She admires one classmate, wait, is admires the right word here I guess she has a crush, but doesn’t get it yet. Well, let me introduce the person, who is so admired by Shio! Meet Nao – a delinquent? No, he’s just absolutely free person, who just does what he wants. And that’s what Shio loves about Nao.

All the fun stats when Nao somehow gets ahold of Shio’s notebook. He blackmails her into singing what she wrote in her notebook. And after that the fast paced love story mixed with dreams-come–true starts. Shio and NAo want to become professional musicians. There are many difficulties on their way. Each of them face their own demons and only together they can overcome them



The story has quite a number of twists and turns. Many moments make you cry, but many make you smile. The whole 18 chapters are read really fast and at the end you have mixed feelings. You are extremely happy because everything ended absolutely fabulous, but at the same time you’re sad because you’re saying goodbye to the characters that you fell in love with.

Do you know that feeling, when you’ve read an amazing book or watched a movie, that as soon as it finished you were getting over it for a long time? Well, this is definitely one of those times. Amazing drawing style as well as the story and well the characters that you just can’t forget, especially their feelings.

One of the best confessions ever!
I hope you will find some time to read this amazing story. You will enjoy it a lot, with all its ups and downs. Don’t be too sad when it ends! Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below. Stay tuned for more reviews and promos here on Katie’s Corner. Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie 

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment