Friday 6 November 2015

Book Review: Predestined by Abbi Glines (Existence #2)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Predestined

Author: Abbi Glines

Publication Date: 29 March 2012

Publisher: Createspace

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble








Summary:


You would think after helping save her boyfriend from an eternity in Hell that things would go back to normal. Well, as normal as life can be when you can see souls and your boyfriend is Death. But for Pagan Moore, things are just getting weirder.

The high school quarterback and reigning heartthrob, Leif Montgomery, is missing. While the town is in a frenzy of worry, Pagan is a nervous wreck for other reasons. Apparently good ‘ol Leif isn’t your average teenage boy. He isn’t even human. According to Death, Leif doesn’t have a soul. The quarterback may have skipped town but he’s still showing up in Pagan’s dreams... uninvited.

Dank has known from the beginning Leif wasn’t human. But he hadn’t worried about a simple soulless creature. Now, he realizes he made a grave mistake. Pagan’s soul has been marked since birth as a restitution, to a spirit so dark not even Death walks near it. Dank knows saving Pagan’s soul won’t be easy but Pagan is his. And he’s already proven he’ll defy Heaven to keep her. If Hell wants a piece of him too, then bring it on
. 


My Thoughts:

I started the book right after I finished I finished the first one, but then I just stopped halfway, not because it was not interesting but because I had some other tour and author request books to read. So I made a decision. But as soon as I had time to go back to it, it was like I didn’t even stop reading. I recalled everything or nearly everything in process and I mean I got back to the book after more than a year. No kidding!

Now, let me get back to the book. Even though I’m saying I recalled everything, that’s not the entire truth. I did recall a lot and what was happening, but I had chaos in my head as what was in the first book and what in second. Therefore the review will be quite brief, however, I’ll review the last book more thoroughly, as it’s going to be very, very interesting. Now, I’m not saying this one wasn’t. I wouldn’t have given it 4 leaves if it were not the truth. We get to experience a lot of drama, and some of the characters reveal their not so human nature. There’s more to every character, and some leave you shocked with their choices. Are you ready to find out who is who? What the title means? If yes, grab your copy now, and find out everything by yourself.

What I actually liked a lot was the atmosphere of the Violkan (That’s the voodoo spirits afterlife). I mean it’s absolutely fantastic world setting for a mature romance novel. Well, get to know more about Pagan, Dank, Leif and other characters. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga. Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment