Friday 11 December 2015

Book Review: Unspoken by C. C. Hunter (Shadow Falls: After Dark #3)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Unspoken

Author: C. C. Hunter

Publication Date: 28 October 2015

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin







Summary:



Despite her superhuman strength and enhanced senses, Della Tsang's life as a vampire certainly hasn't been easy. Especially since she was reborn and bound to the mysterious, infuriating, and gorgeous Chase Tallman. 

But if there's one thing that's always kept Della going, it's her dream of being an elite paranormal investigator. Her newest case is the opportunity she's been waiting for, but as Della tries to solve the twenty year old murder and clear her father's name. She uncovers secrets about the vampire council. And about Chase. 

Feeling betrayed by all the secrets he's kept hidden from her, Della is determined to keep him as far away from her heart as she can. But she'll need his help to solve the case that will lead them into the darkest and ugliest vampire gangs in town and into the scariest reaches of her heart.


My Thoughts:


Have you been waiting for a book to be released? Of course you have, but imagine this: you pre-ordered it, you got it on the day of release, but you could only start reading after a month. Why? Well, it might have been because you had exams and work and every time you took the book in your hands, you just couldn’t open it. Yes, that what happened to me. My parents and friends even thought something was wrong with my brain. I couldn’t really blame them, but enough about my issues, let me talk about the book!

I loved it, but I wanted a bit more, that’s why it’s not full 5 leaves. But let me explain: as always I was crawling with laughter due to Della’s fantastic language., her description of men’s genitalia’s keep getting better and better and I mean it . My book is full of highlights! But that’s not all the book is about. As always it’s fast paced and full of action, but somehow I would have loved a bit more action towards the end. Especially the whole Stine issue resolving. Who the hell is that? Well, read the series and you’ll get the whole scope on the satiation, because even if I start explaining my explanation will get lost and I might no, I will spoil the “fun”.

Are you ready to unravel who is behind the murders? Are you ready to see whom Della chose? Are you ready to be there when Della’s family falls apart? I hope you are as the answers to these questions and many more are waiting for you in the book! So should I start what made me deduct that 0/5 leaves? It’s quite easy I wanted a bit more. Truth be told throughout the book I had this weird feeling that there should be more, another book, that it was not enough to finish Della’s story! I wanted more Della and Chase, more of her badass moments, it was a bit of a bummer that she appeared kind of weak in this book, but then again it is said that it takes great strength to show your weakness. And trust me Della in my mind is a strong character. I wanted more from the last battle. It was a bit too rushed. I wanted to see more of Della’s badass behavior! Am I asking for too much? But in the whole picture this book is a great book to complete the trilogy ad I’m on full alert to know if C.C. Hunter is going to be continuing with writing about Shadow Falls. The Kylie surprise in the book was an awesome one. I was anticipating it, but never thought I would be able to read about it. What is it? Not talking! Grab your copy now and find the answers for yourself! One thing that I do have the similar opinion with Chase is that I really did want to rip Della’s dad to shreds. And trust me so will you! The dude blew my mind full time!

Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favorite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment