Thursday 31 December 2015

Manga Review: I Love You, Suzuki-kun!! by Go Ikeyamada



Title: I Like You, Suzuki-kun!!
Original Title: Suki Desu Suzuki-kun!!
Author: Go Ikeyamada
Artist: Go Ikeyamada

Year of Release: 2008
Genres: Comedy, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Sports

Status: Completed (Translation Ongoing)
Chapters (Translated in English): 57

Volumes & Chapters: 

Volume 1 Chapters 1-5              Volume 7 Chapters 31-35
Volume 2 Chapters 6-10.1         Volume 8 Chapters 36-40.5
Volume 3 Chapters 11-15          Volume 9 Chapters 41-45
Volume 4 Chapters 16-20          Volume 10 Chapters 46-50
Volume 5 Chapters 21-25          Volume 11 Chapters 51-55
Volume 6 Chapters 16-30.5       Volume 12 Translation ongoing




Summary


A genius actress has just awoken!!

Suzuki Hikaru, Hoshino Sayaka, Ito Chihiro and Suzuki Shinobu are all new students who have just entered the same middle school. Sayaka is a shy girl who secretly loves acting. Hikaru is an energetic boy who loves basketball. Incidentally, he shares the same last name with Shinobu, a popular rich boy who would be perfect if not for his rotten personality. Chihiro is Hikaru?™s childhood friend and has long had a crush on him.

On the day of the opening ceremony, Hikaru happens to witness Sayaka acting out the lines of a drama on the rooftop and is instantly captivated. Upon seeing Hikaru getting along with Sayaka, Chihiro?™s chest begins to ache. When Shinobu sees this, he is overcome by a strange emotion and his heart starts beating faster… Unbeknownst to the four, this is the beginning of their magnificent love story; one that would last years to come.


My Thoughts


Review covers 33 chapters 

Happy New Year’s Eve everyone! Only 14 more hours until 2016! Are you ready for it? I sure hope you are, but let’s get back to the review!

Let’s just say that this review is appearing totally randomly on the blog. First of all, at the time I am writing the review (it’s October FYI), the story is completed but it’s not fully translated in English. I can even say there are more chapters translated and uploaded in Russian. I will be making two reviews, I might make a third one, but I’m not 100% sure about that, as first I’ll need to read the story to the end and for that I guess if by the time the review hits blog, which is right now, there’s no new updates, I’ll have to buy last 6 volumes in German. Though I’ll have one advantage. I’ll resurrect my German skills. Good bargain if you ask me.

But let me get back to the review! I’m covering 1/3 of the whole series, and I stopped right where the author says: end of part one. So that I do not mix two different lives together. The story is fantastic and it is the longest so far in Ikeyamada-sensei’s works. It is fun, it is sad and it surely is a story worth reading. We follow 2 love lines: one is Sayaka x Hikaru and another Chihiro x sShinobu. The part that I’m reviewing our heroes are in middle school. The story starts with them being 13 and meeting each other. Will, technically Chihiro & Hikaru are childhood friends. It is very interesting to read hos Hikaru & sayaka fall in love with each other, and how at the end of the 33 chapters Shinobu & Chihiro finally start a relationship.

All characters are fantastic. I especially love Chihiro, but I’ll cover her character next time, as what I wasn’t to talk about will spoil the next chapters. Let me concentrate on Sayyaka & Hikaru and the ives of 13 –year-olds. I loved those two. They made a couple that you would like to be you. I really wished that Hikaru was real. He’s a fantastic character. The way he conveys his feelings to Sayaka as well as how he is always when she needs him, makes him a perfect boyfriend. In the very beginning, I was not Sayaka’s biggest fan, but the more the story went on the more I understood that I love her character. She’s shy, she’s introverted but as soon as she starts acting she becomes a character that you just can’t take your eyes off. I love how they confessed to each other. And that moments when both of them are jealous their make-up s fantastic. Sometimes I even forget that they story was featuring middle school kids. The emotions are overflowing and you are wondering what is going to happen when they are featured as high school kids? Trust me, what I’ve read by now it was amazing and I can’t wait to know how the story will end.

I hope you will start reading this amazing story. I know I’m not fair recommending a story that is still being translated, but trust me you’ll love this story and the character. If you are looking for a story with lots of love, some drama and action than this story is just for you. Explore this amazing world of acting, basketball and school life. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favouirite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie


Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment