Friday 1 January 2016

Book Review: The Lost Heir by Allison Whitmore with Erin Virginia & Grace Arden




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: The Lost Heir

Author: Allison Whitmore with Erin Virginia & Arden

Publication Date: 8 December 2015

Publisher: Booktrope Publishing

Goodreads  – Amazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:



Isabella Foxworthy was just another girl…until she learned she was an empath, able to read the energy of others. A secret world known as the Violet City lies beneath her family’s hotel in Los Angeles. Through this discovery, Isabella is catapulted into a whirlwind of magic, adventure, and danger. The Violet City holds the key to protecting her stability; her family hotel, her friends, and her very sanity. With morphlings, empaths, and fair folk also comes a powerful entity that twists her mind into knots, threatening everything she loves. Now, Isabella and her new friends—a guitar-playing jock, his gifted but neurotic brother, and a set of over-indulged twins—have until her 16th birthday to save her world with the help of someone who's been lost for a very long time...the lost Foxworthy heir. But will they find him in time? And will he be a friend or foe?


My Thoughts:



I remember when I got the book the cover intrigued me right away. Yes, my judge-the-book-by-its-cover attitude revived, and if you have seen that cover you know that it’s absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous. I think I am using to much adjectives now, *snicker*. So let me get back to the main point. I will be brief, as it’s 1st of January and I have quite a number of things to do.

In the beginning the book didn’t really go that well with me. I do not know what was wrong, but I just couldn’t go over chapter 1. I know it’s horrible to say it now, after I have read and enjoyed the book, but that’s the truth. Therefore, my small advice to you, if you’re starting this book get a hot cup of tea, or coffee, tell everyone in your family to leave you alone, better even close your door, get a cozy chair and start reading. Be sure you are not disturbed, I was too many times, and that’s why it took me so long to finish it.

The book, once you are sucked into it, is fantastic, though it is not something that has those big revelations, everything flows naturally and at the end you’re thinking wait it’s the end? How come? And here I thought there would be more! The book doesn’t have a cliffhanger, but it surely has a lot for a second book. So, what is it about? Get ready for a fascinating ride in a different world. Sounds pretty normal? Nope, sorry to disappoint you, but this world of empaths and other creatures will suck you in and won’t want to leave, ever!

Go on a quest with Isabella to find a true heir. Will it be easy? I would say extremely difficult, and it doesn’t help that everything flows too naturally. There will be lots of adventures and some interesting characters on the way. Get to know Isabella, as she is a fantastic character. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment