Tuesday 8 March 2016

Book Review: Matched by Ally Condie (Matched #1)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Matched

Author: Ally Condie

Publication Date: 30 November 2010

Publisher: Dutton Book for Young Readers







Summary:



In the Society, officials decide. Who you love. Where you work. When you die.

Cassia has always trusted their choices. It’s hardly any price to pay for a long life, the perfect job, the ideal mate. So when her best friend appears on the Matching screen, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is the one…until she sees another face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. Now Cassia is faced with impossible choices: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she’s known and a path no one else has ever dared follow—between perfection and passion.

Matched is a story for right now and storytelling with the resonance of a classic.


My Thoughts:


A week ago or so when I reviewed Aberrant, I made a small implication on todays series. Yes, I’m finally reviewing Matched. The book has been on my reading list for more than 2 years and well 2 years ago I did get a copy from the library to read, however, it didn’t drew e in, so I returned it without liking it and even reading past 3rd chapter. But as I have mentioned in the review of Aberrant, I wanted more and more to read and know what ad happened. Therefore, you have it, I got the first book and started it immediately, ignoring my looming exams. Well, now, I’m happy for my nagging brain.

The book is really good and I enjoyed it a lot. The idea of a dystopian society that chooses everything for you is not knew, but it is the way the author portrays the world and society is fascinating. Are you ready to meet Cassia? An 18-year-old who believes and supports society? Follow her on her first banquet to see who her match is going to be. You wonder if she is happy wit her life? With government choosing her present and future? I would say yes. She’s paired up with her best friend. So where’s the catch? The face she sees on the screen when she looked through her match’s file is not her matched one. It’s a face of an absolutely different person. So what happens now? Who is she really matched to? Xander or Ky? That’s for you to find out. But trust me, the journey to unravel the truth is never smooth, especially if you re falling in love with a wrong person.

I believe this book is a must read, even if it doesn’t suck you in the beginning, keep reading it, soon sure will. And once you get a taste of the government that is ruling you’ll wonder about many things. Especially, towards the end when many questions are answered, but even more are asked. I really want to know how they were determining the matches. Aren’t you interested?  To see the life that is controlled? You do appreciate the freedom that we have more after reading such books. Well, I’m off to read the next books, though I have to buy them first. Nevertheless, I hope you’ll find some time to read this great book. if you are like me, trust me, take it up again you might see it in a different light. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment