Monday 25 July 2016

Manga Review: I Love You, Baby! by Youko Maki



Title: I Love You, Baby!
Original Title: Aishiteruze Baby
Author: Youko Maki
Artist: Youko Maki

Year of Release: Mar 2, 2002 - Dec 1, 2004
Genres: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School Life, Shoujo, Slice of Life

Status: Completed
Chapters (Translated in English): 33

Volumes & Chapters: 

7 Volumes in Total


Summary


Kippei Katakura is a 17-year-old playboy who spends his time chasing girls, careless of their feelings. But when his 5-year-old cousin Yuzuyu comes to live with his family after her mother's sudden disappearance, Kippei is put in charge of taking care of her. As Kippei gets to know Yuzuyu and starts to understand how she feels, he also begins to realize that all girls were like Yuzuyu once...

My Thoughts


Don't forget to join the fun on 19th of August! Join the 3rd blogaversary for Katie's Corner Here!

Review covers 33 chapters 

 This story got totally randomly on my to-read list and has been there for more than 4 months until one night I just started reading it out of blue. I finished it in less then 3 hours and loved it a lot. It has an interesting concept and the ending quite sucked, because it didn’t quite show if Kippei ended up with Kokoro-chan. Though I sure hope it was implied. Because if not, I’m booking a plane ticket to Japan to band on the author’s door to know the truth.

The story is fantastic. It shows how our lives can be changed in a matter o a minute. One day you are a normal high school student who’s very frivolous with girls, but then one day a 5-year-old appears on the porch of your house and your sister puts you in charge of taking care of her. Fun? As if! You get tons of problems because of her. You’ll have to learn how to cook, take care of a kid and eventually you’ll find the person who will be closest to you in the future. Are you ready to get to know Kippei? Our frivolous guy who is taking care of his cousin? He’s a fantastic character, that I really enjoyed. I also loved Kokoro-chan, Kippei’s love interest. She’s awesome, she reminded me of myself a lot, but I have yet to fall in love.

Enjoy this romantic, yet tragic in some cases story. You’ll get to see what it means to be a parent and you need to read closely as there will be lots of issues that you have to know about! Enjoy it to your fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

Rating



No comments:

Post a Comment