Thursday 27 July 2017

Book Review: Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward (The Black Dagger Brotherhood #2)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Lover Eternal

Author: J.R. Ward

Publication Date: 7 March 2006

Publisher: Signet







Summary:



In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war raging between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Possessed by a deadly beast, Rhage is the most dangerous of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

Within the brotherhood, Rhage is the vampire with the strongest appetites. He's the best fighter, the quickest to act on his impulses, and the most voracious lover-for inside him burns a ferocious curse cast by the Scribe Virgin. Owned by this dark side, Rhage fears the time when his inner dragon is unleashed, making him a danger to everyone around him.

Mary Luce, a survivor of many hardships is unwittingly thrown into the vampire world and reliant on Rhage's protection. With a life-threatening curse of her own, Mary is not looking for love. She lost her faith in miracles years ago. But when Rhage's intense animal attraction turns into something more emotional, he knows that he must make Mary his alone. And while their enemies close in, Mary fights desperately to gain life eternal with the one she loves...


My Thoughts:


You might think that only a week has passed since I read Dark Lover, the first book in Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, but in truth, I got the 14 books as a present only in September. Though I got the first book back in June 2016, when I was on a holiday with my brother. The six-year old was amazed that I finished the book in less than 2 days. But today's review is not about how I acquired the book, but about the book itself.

I can't say I was all that impressed by the first book. True, I liked it, but Wrath wasn't my favourite character. I actually liked Rhage and Szadist the most. So, as soon as I got a present from my friend, even though I already had a fixed list of books to read, I downloaded 2nd and 3rd books right away. It's quite a funny story how I was reading the book. I started it at 1 am and just because I had to go back home next day I willed myself to sleep at 3. But the best part was when I took my iPad to a beach party organised by my friend. So, now you're thinking: She's nuts! But truth be told it was a right decision, as there was nothing better as me lying on a sunbed at night enjoying the sound of the sea, drinking a glass of wine and enjoying my book. Yup, I bailed from the awkward situation, where I could only talk to my friend, as not everyone could speak English or they just plain ignored me and only talked to their friends.

I once again moved off the topic. Sorry. Today's story tells us the story of another warrior - Rhage. We get to learn how Rhage got cursed and of course how he falls in love. but before I introduce his beloved, let's just take a moment to say that Scribe Virgin is a total bitch. I'm sure if you've read the book and know how it ends you'll say that she's not, but come on, only because Mary (that's Rhage's beloved) couldn't have kids she returned her to Rhage, otherwise, he was stuck with a beast for eternity and with no means to be with his loved one. Cruel if you ask me.

Now, about the romance, as the book is in the erotic paranormal romance genre, let's say it's hot, wouldn't have been more fun if it was as hot the teaser at the end of the first book. I'm serious, Mary's and Rhage's first meeting absolutely melted me. I loved Mary's and Rhage's love story. Especially the whole thing with the beast, but one thing that was making me squirm was this same trend as in Dark Lover, the tough guy goes soft at one point and starts crying over a woman. was it a trend at that time to do it? Well, I'm off to read the story that I've been waiting for, it's time for Szadist to tell his story!

Enjoy it to your fullest and don't forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don't miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment