Saturday 5 October 2013

Review : Awakened by Ednah Walters (Guardian Legacy #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Awakened

Author:  Ednah Walters

Publication Date:   August 22, 2010

Publisher:  Firetrail Publishing

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


Most teens turn sixteen and get the license to drive, but Lil Falcon gets the license to kill demons. Orphaned as a child and raised by an eccentric grandfather, Lil is concerned with surviving high school and is unaware that she's a Guardian-a being with super powers charged with killing demons and protecting humanity. When she meets Bran, a mysterious boy with amazing abilities, his psi energy unlocks her latent powers. But Bran has a secret that can ruin their growing relationship, and the truth she discovers may destroy everything she believes in unless she finds the right balance between love and sacrifice 


My Thoughts:


Actually I was a fan of Ednah Walters before I read this. I was shoked and unfortunately not in a good way. Maybe some of my reader remember that some time ago I adored her series called "Runes" I really did, the only thing I didn't like about them where covers, but I didn't care. I really had no idea that I would really want to beat up myself for buying this book, and to finish it too. I guess I was just comparing it always to Runes, and making a habit of that, bad choice!

Guess, "Guardian Legacy" was her first YA Paranormal book, because "Runes" are 2 even 3 steps higher in rank. I can't say I didn't like it completely It had its good moments, but kill me, but I do want to say this: Runes rock! so if anyone wants to get to know Ednah's writing, read Guardian Legacy first and then Runes, that way you won't be dissapointed. 

So if you still consider reading this book, Happy Reading, and I would love to hear what you thought about it. So don't forget to leave comments!!! :)) 



My Rating:

Characters  3/5
Writing       3/5
Cover          2/5
Plot             3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment