Thursday 3 October 2013

Book Review : The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake by Mary Parker ( The Kahl'Nar Saga #1)


Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  The Awakening of Leeowyn Blake

Author:  Mary Parker

Publication Date: 25 August, 2010

Publisher:  CreateSpace

Goodreads - Amazon 







Summary:


I'm a normal teenager. I have a normal teenage life with normal teenage problems. The summer is my heaven. I live with my mom during the summer months. We stay in her tiny condo in Jacksonville, Florida. My parents split up when I was little. I'm not sure why. My mom never talks about it. Whatever it was, it was bad enough to make my mom pack me up in the middle of the night when I was four years old and run to my Gran's condo. My mom got the condo after Gran died. From that time on all I had known my entire life was beach life. Until four years ago. Until my uncle found me.


My Thoughts:


I got the this book, from the author in an exchange of a review. All the thoughts are mine.

Mainly I was really confused in the begining, and really wanted to stop reading, I couldn't make any sence of what and why I was reading the book. However, somewhere in the middle, after some chapters in the middle, I began liking the book. And in the end, I was squiling, and shouting, "that's all???? I want more!!!" So yes, actually the book was good, but if you have patience to read the first half or 3/5.

As I already said, the book starts slow, like real slow, and is as confusing as if you are reading 2 or 3 books together each in different genre. I so wanted tthe book to start as strongly as it finished. And oh that cliffhanger, or whatever you want to call it. I just can't take it now, and I don't even know if there will be a second part.

The only people you will like there are Leeowyn "Lee" ( I really had a hard time to proounce her name and to wrute it correctly, so don't kill me if I made a mistake) and Alex. The guy is awesome, I really liked him, because at least he has some concsious, he at least tried to help, even though he had his motiffs to do it, but still.

I hate it when the book finishes on the most interesting part, and you need to read at least 200 pages or more, to be sucked up into it, and Bam, the book ends. That's actually not fair. And even if you think that I understood fully what the hell was going in Lee's world, I was as confused as Lee, I actually tend to be more observent than the protagoists, but still, I had, and still have so many ununsvered questions, and I actually have some ideas. But seriously, leaving the book on it's juicy part, that just sucks.

I will actually recommend this book, because it really is interesting, when you get the hang of it, and just read it. I did, and liked it, I can't say I was blown by the book, but I myself would never turn down, the opportunity to read the second book, that is seriously gonna be epic. So Happy Reading Guys! Enjoy the book!

My Rating:


Characters   4/5
Writing         3/5
Cover           2/5
Plot                3/5




No comments:

Post a Comment