Tuesday 29 October 2013

Book Review : Fated by Alyson Noel (Soul Seekers #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Fated

Author:  Alyson Noel

Publication Date:  22nd May 2012

Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin







Summary:


 Until now, he's existed only in her dreams -
but fate is about to bring them together.

I shove through the crowd, knocking into girls and bouncing off boys, until one in particular catches me, steadies me.
I feel so secure, so at home in his arms.
I melt against his chest-lift my gaze to meet his. Gasping when I stare into a pair of icy blue eyes banded by brilliant flecks of gold that shine like kaleidoscopes, reflecting my image thousands of times.
The boy from my dream.
The one who died in my arms.

Strange things are happening to Daire Santos. Crows mock her, glowing people stalk her, time stops without warning, and a beautiful boy with unearthly blue eyes haunts all her dreams. Fearing for her daughter’s sanity, Daire’s mother sends her to live with the grandmother she’s never met. A woman who recognizes the visions for what they truly are—the call to her destiny as a Soul Seeker—one who can navigate the worlds between the living and dead.

There on the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico, Daire sets out to harness her mystical powers. But it’s when she meets Dace, the boy from her dreams, that her whole world is shaken to its core. Now Daire is forced to discover if Dace is the one guy she's meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she's destined to destroy.


My Thoughts:


It was my first encounter with Alyson's work, and I like it, Even though I read all three books, right after each other, This one was not the best in series, but still it was amazing. New world, and all that Jazz.

The author really outdid herself maiking this new world. And Fated, that's the best title for the book. It's is right to the point, and no point in arguing about that. Guess, this review will be short one, why? Because I actually read all three books already, and wrote their reviews first, so what I wish to say will spoil other two and this one too, and I really don't intend to spoil a really good book for you.

But what I will say is :  Even everyone one of us wants be change our lives when we turn 16, to uncover some dark secret our parents were keeping from us. To say: I knew it! but does it come true? I'll say not for me, when I turned 16, nothing special happened, and everything was boringly normal. But that can't be said about Daire, our current book main character. She the one who wasn't dreeming of being not whole human, is that partly human being. Did she ask for it, no, did she get it? Hell yeah!. So while we, normal people want to become something special, Daire got it. And trust me, it's not something to want. There are glowing people who want something from you, there is a boy in her dreams, who dies in her hand, there is a a twin brother of that guy haunthing here andd her fated one and there is a prophecy coming true! Still want her life? I don't think so. Oh and I nearly forgot, and there are doctors saying she is going delusional. So good for being normal.

This book leaves you craving for the seond one, that is why if you consider reading Fated, by it with Echo too, Why? because you will want to read them together right after each other. So I will say only this now, Happy Reading Guys! it is an amazing book, with a whole new world unravelling before your eyes, which will leave you brethless, and craving for the sequel... Enjoy it, and I do hope you will. Don't forget to tell me what you thought about it!!! :))


My Rating:

Characters  4/5
Writing        3/5    
Cover          4/5
Plot             3/5

P.S. actual rating is 3.5




No comments:

Post a Comment