Sunday 3 November 2013

Book Review : Water by Terra Harmony (Akasha #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Water 

Author:  Terra Harmony

Publication Date:  26 September, 2011

Publisher:  Patchwork Press







Summary:


 Elemental powers in the palm of her hand...and it won't be enough to save her. When Kaitlyn Alder is involuntarily introduced to a life of magic, she becomes part of an organization hell-bent on saving the Earth. Just as her new-found life holds promises of purpose, romance, and friendship, the organization divides and a rogue member holds Kaitlyn hostage. Now one of the most terrifying men the human race has to offer stands between her and Earth's survival.


My Thoughts:


I was extremely interested in the beginning. Then I came at 33% and said, it’s lame, and switched to other books. After 2 or 3 books, I said, time to finish this one. And trust me, as soon as I started to read it again from the point I lost it, I was hooked. I was so interested in what will happen next, and when I finished it, I was like: “do I have the second one? No? I am doomed!!! So my advice to you future reader is: if you are struggling to read it, just give it a few more pages, it will suck you into it in no time afterwards. Just be patient (says the one who has zero patience)

The story follows Kaitlyn. Who is kidnapped by her “godfather” or so he says and is told that she is the reason catastrophes happen around her. By that I mean cyclone, earthquakes and that staff. She finds herself in an unknown place with strangers, who want to rescue earth, well there are kind of green peace dudes. Well to know more, just grab your copy now. And follow my advice and buy the whole series, it’s gonna be epic. I myself am now waiting for other 3 books.

The best part in the book for me is that our secret society isn’t that rich. I mean in any other books all the secret societies are super rich, but not this one. Guess green peace is not that much popular. Hey, I am totally into it, but not the same way Cato it others. And, one of my favourite parts? Well it’s quite easy. I forgot to mention. None of the characters are high school students. So, back to my favourite part. It’s when Kaitlyn nearly kills Cato during her Anger/Power control issue thingy, and Micah kisses her to  calm down. Well I screamed and shouted, the guy’s awesome. I mean everybody was panicking and he just walked up to her and kissed her.

And the nightmarish character ever – Shawn. I hated the guy, but when I was reading what he was doing to Kaitlyn , well I wanted to kill the guy. Normally I find at least one thing to like about the villain. Before I read Water, my “perfect Villain” was Sebastian Morgenstrern from TMI, now Shawn shatters the whole image of villains. His motif, well kill me, but I seriously couldn’t read it in the book. Except from powers, what else???? I mean, he has to have much more to “fight” for And I think we will know that in book two: Air

I hope you consider to read this book, so happy reading, and don’t forget to leave comments. J J


My Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment