Sunday 29 December 2013

Character Interview : Myla Lewis from Angelbound by Christina Bauer

Hi everyone!

I am really happy that I can share this with you all. I am having an interview with Myla Lewis from Angelbound by Christina Bauer, one of the best books I’ve read in December. I hope you did read the book, but if not just buy it now, and have fun with me and Myla today. Enjoy!!

XOXO

Katie


Published : 17 Dec 2013 
by Ink Monster Publishing
Find more at Goodreads

Interview : 


Katie: Hello Christina, how are you? Merry Christmas, but where is Myla?

Christina: Oh, she’s on her way. Purgatory’s about 12 hours behind us, so she’s moving a little slowly at this time of day.

Katie: I see, so the habitats of Purgatory are still sleeping. He he.

Christina: Yup. ButMyla’s used to waking up at all hours so she can hit the Arena and fight evil souls. She’ll be along any minute. Ah, here she is!

Myla: [Yawns] Hey, guys!

Katie: Hi Myla! It’s awesome to have you here. How’s it going?

Myla:I’m sleepy, but still ready to kick ass. So, let me know if there are any demons lurking around. I’ll be happy to squash them for you.

Katie: So,what’s Christmas like in Purgatory?

Myla: Depends on what kind of quasi-demon you are. We quasis have a super-power across one of the seven deadly sins: lust, gluttony, greed, sloth, wrath, envy, and pride. Gluttony, envy, pride and greed quasis all go nutsy for the holidays. Their houses are crawling with tacky Christmas junk,they throw overblown parties with live reindeer, that kind of stuff. Sloth quasis are still stuck on Halloween; I don’t think they get around to celebrating Christmas until July. Wrath and lust quasis—like me—are all pretty low-key about the holidays. We have a tree, dinner and presents. Close friends and family stop by; that’s about it. It’s awesome.

Katie: What was your favorite present?

Myla:New nunchucks with super-cool taser action. Because it’s just not enough for a demon to get a nunchuck to the head, you need to electrocute its ass, too.

Katie: Did you and Lincoln exchange this year?

Myla: Oh, yeah. He’s the one who got me the nunchucks. I bought him a ‘fresh Prince’ t-shirt.

Katie: Okay, enough with Christmas. Any plans for New Year?

Myla: You know it! I’m going on a mystery date with Lincoln. I don’t rally and get my Barbie on very often, but New Year’s Eve will be one of those nights, for sure!

Katie: Any insights into what are we gonna see in the second book?

Myla: Lincoln and I get to spend some quality time together, which is super-awesome. Oh yeah, and a certain person (let’s just say her name rhymes with a-bear) gets into my tree. That shizz has GOT to stop.

Katie: I am so happy to have this opportunity to talk with you. It’s been awesome.

Myla: Same here, sweetie! Purgatory moves human souls to Heaven and Hell, but we rarely get to talk to you folks while you’re still breathing. So this is a HUGE treat for me, too!

Katie: Thank you very much. Have some awesome holidays. Are there holidays in Purgatory?

Myla: Halloween used to be the big holiday, what with the ghouls and all. We have Christmas, of course, and Spring Solstice instead of Easter. Oh, and they may be doing some kind of new holiday in honor of the Great Scala, but I’m trying not to think about that too much. Weird!!!

Katie: Bye, see you soon I hope J

Myla: Yes, let’s stay in touch!

Katie: Today we had a character interview with Myla Lewis from Angelbound by Christina Bauer. If you haven’t read Myla’s story yet don’t be shy and go to these links to buy and have fun with her.





Second book in Series Scala is coming out on May 13th, 2014. See more at Goodreads page.




About Author:



Christina graduated from Syracuse University’s Newhouse School with BA’s in Television, Radio and Film Production and English. An avowed girl geek, Christina loves creating immersive fantasy worlds with action, adventure, romance, and kick-ass female protagonists. As part of her work in Ink Monster, Christina has co-developed the ‘Heroine’s Journey,’ a blueprint for telling female myths inspired by the work of Joseph Campbell. She lives in Newton, MA with her husband, son and golden retriever Ruby.

Find her at:




No comments:

Post a Comment