Monday 16 December 2013

Review : Angelbound by Christina Bauer (Angelbound Origins #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Angelbound

Author:  Christina Bauer

Publication Date:  17 December, 2013

Publisher:  Ink Monster LLC







Summary:


Eighteen year old Myla Lewis is a girl who loves two things: kicking ass and kicking ass. She’s not your every day quasi-demon, half-demon and half-human, girl. For the past five years, Myla has lived for the days she gets to fight in Purgatory’s arena. When souls want a trial by combat for their right to enter heaven or hell, they go up against her, and she hasn’t lost a battle yet.

But as she starts her senior year at Purgatory High, the arena fights aren’t enough to keep her spirits up anymore. When the demons start to act weird, even for demons, and the King of the Demons, Armageddon, shows up at Myla’s school, she knows that things are changing and it’s not looking good for the quasi-demons. Myla starts to question everything, and doesn’t like the answers she finds. What happened seventeen years ago that turned the quasi-demons into slave labor? Why was her mom always so sad? And why won’t anyone tell her who her father is? Things heat up when Myla meets Lincoln, the High Prince of the Thrax, a super sexy half-human and half-angel demon hunter. But what’s a quasi-demon girl to do when she falls for a demon hunter? It’s a good thing that Myla’s not afraid of breaking a few rules. With a love worth fighting for, Myla’s going to shake up Purgatory.



My Thoughts:


Before I started this book, I had two favourite kick-ass female characters. First one was Della – bad-ass vampire from C.C. Hunter’s Shadow Falls Series and the second one was Koa – half vampire half human/ or so they say from K.N. Lee’s Koa’s Chronicles: Netherworld. Now I have a new favourite bad-ass character, and maybe even a new role model, who knows.

Well, let me tell you more about Myla Lewis. She is a quasi demon, which means that she is half human half demon. She was a tail, is an arena fighter, and she lives in Purgatory. And let’s just say that she is frigging awesome. And you will definitely regret not meeting her. So, I trust you better judgment and ask you to grab your copy now, before there is any left for you, and get lost in this amazing world of Angels, Demons, Quazi Demons, Thrax and Ghouls. All written by an amazing author Christina Bauer.

When I first saw the book on NetGalley, I fall n love with the cover. Isn’t it gorgeous??? I want a poster of it to paste on my bedroom wall. (For those who doesn’t know, I have only postcards and paintings on the walls no posters) And when I read the blurb I was dumbstruck, I was speechless for some seconds, then I just began squealing that I want it. I waited for 3 agonizing days to receive The Approval, and when I got it, I didn’t even care that I haven’t finished the current book, I just started this one. I loved Myla from the first page to the last one. And I really didn’t want to part with her for a time before the second book is published. But unfortunately I had to. But I hope I can be able to have a featured interview with Myla on my blog, and you will get to know her a little bit better.

Why I loved Myla? I loved her for her bravery, stubbornness and wit. And I do think you will love her too. The book is full of mysteries and secrets and when you get to the bottom to all of them, you will be freaking out of your mind, (Okay maybe I exaggerate a bit, but only a tiny bit). You will cheer Myla on her every attempt to find her dad’s identity, and when she does something stupid or extremely dangerous, like beat the crap out of some pompanos jerks of Thrax elite. And well you do really relieve every emotion of hers, that’s of course thanks to amazing style and writing of Christina. Well, you will like and hate Lincoln aka Myla’s love interest. First you will hate his guts, because he really deserves it, he is such a jerk, and then when he finally sees Myla for who she really is and changes that arrogant attitude you will star to like the guy.


I do have to stop, because I can’t even say how great this book is. I am just out of words. So I will just recommend this book to you. And I know you will like it. So, Happy Reading!!!!!! Just grab your copy now, you will not be disappointed. Well, I am definitely waiting (patiently) for book two. Hope it comes out soon. Enjoy, and don’t forget to leave comments… J J J



My Rating:






No comments:

Post a Comment