Thursday 16 January 2014

Book Review: Horizon by Alyson Noel (Soul Seekers #4)

Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Horizon

Author:  Alyson Noel

Publication Date:  19 November 2013

Publisher:  St. Martin's Griffin







Summary:


 Fate has bound them together—and torn them apart. Now Daire and Dace face one final fight that will seal their destiny forever.

Daire Santos is the last of the Soul Seekers, and the only thing standing between the Richters and the destruction of everyone she loves. With her grandmother gone and Cade back in Enchantment, Daire must finally step into her destiny and lead the fight against the Richters. But what if that means sacrificing the person she loves most?

Bound to the Richters by blood, Dace struggles against the darkness growing inside him that threatens to claim Daire too. Though Daire refuses to give up on him, the choice may not be hers. An epic battle is on the horizon and the end of the world looms near. With such insurmountable odds stacked against them, is their love really enough to conquer all?


My Thoughts:


I got the book 2 weeks after it was published and only got time to finish it during Christmas. Well I had high hopes for the book and they partially came true. But well I started the book twice. Why? Because somewhere in the middle of it, I lost the thread of the book. But as I always return the book, I returned to this one too, because I was too curios not to know how it all ended.

The book has action, but it’s only after you read the most of it. But the battle doesn’t disappoint, though it’s not all that I thought would be. But you get to see a relatively good Cade. And that’s a total miracle and is one of the things why this book should be read. The book has that always present struggle inside of a person and person vs the whole world. Who will win the inside battle Dace or the Beast? And who will be right in the end Daire or her friends?

I can’t say I didn’t like the book. It is an amazing ending to the series and well we know a little future in the end of it. But I guess I just now understood why I lost the thread so many times. The book has way too many POV-s. As if the main characters had nothing to tell us and the secondary ones where completing the blank pages. I still have some questions, but I guess I just need to re-read the book to know the answer.


Overly speaking this is a really good series to read. And I would recommend it to everyone. Daire is an amazing character to follow and to get lost in her world. So Happy Reading!!! Which one will win Good or Evil? And will the evil be eliminated for good? Who’s more awesome Seekers or Coyotes? Grab your copy now to know all of it and if you have already, please tell me what you thought. J J J  


My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment