Monday 7 April 2014

Book Review : Existence by Abbi Glines (Existence #1)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title:  Existence

Author:  Abbi Glines

Publication Date:  December 13, 2011

Publisher:  Wild Child Publishing

GoodreadsAmazon – Barnes & Noble






Summary:


 What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.

Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.

Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.

Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.

He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.



My Thoughts:


This book has been on my TBR for a long time. And thought I have read it back in December, I’m posting the review only now. Because as always I’ve not been patient I started the second book right after the first one, so as always I have everything jumbled up in my brain. But I still can say one thing: the book is really good. It held my interest from the first page till last. And I can never say that I was a bit bored from it. It was quite intriguing and well because the blurb gives a little too much I kind of knew what to see, but no matter that the book didn’t disappoint.

Maybe it’s just me, but I think there was a lack of character description. The only character description I knew really well was Leif’s. Dank is what I saw on cover so I didn’t really see into his description. But well with Pagan, I didn’t even know she had green eyes, until I read book 2. But if you don’t really try to see into it, it’s nothing special and doesn’t disturb you while reading. But well, the book was still great.

The idea of death falling in love isn’t new, but it is always interesting to read new perspectives. Somehow, I really didn’t get why all powerful death was answering to somebody else. I mean it’s quite ridiculous and how can death be cast into hell, for Heaven’s sake, that parts were so frustrating I wanted to shout at somebody. I really liked the whole description o the psychiatry. It was quite interesting, and well I liked Pagan there very much. I can’t say I wasn’t affected by Pagan at all, she was an amazing character. She had her faults, but she still was amazing. I loved her for her selflessness. And that she was always there for her friends. I do think it is a really good story to read and well I wish you all Happy Reading. I hope you will enjoy it. Either say, don’t forget to share your thoughts.

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment