Friday 11 September 2015

Book Review: Chosen at Nightfall by C.C. Hunter (Shadow Falls #5)



Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Chosen at Nightfall

Author: C.C. Hunter 

Publication Date: April 23, 2013

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin









Summary:


Kylie Galen's life hasn't been the same since her world was turned upside-down in Born at Midnight, Shadow Falls #1, and now an epic conclusion to her journey—not to mention a tough choice between two guys!—is brewing in Chosen at Nightfall:

When Kylie Galen left Shadow Falls, she thought it was the hardest decision of her life. Heartbroken and separated from everyone she loves, she has to embrace her abilities and what it means to be a chameleon. But as Kylie's journey comes to a close, she must return to the camp that started it all... and she must finally chose between the two boys who love her. The werewolf who broke her heart when he chose his pack over her, and the half-fae who ran from their intense attraction before they ever really had a chance. For Kylie, everything will finally be revealed and nothing will ever be the same.


My Thoughts:


Hi, guys and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I am finishing up with Shadow falls series, okay there is a short story left which I will cover on Sunday, but that’s it, today I’m saying goodbye to Shadow Falls, but I’m not saying goodbye to all of the characters. Why? Because as I’ve mentioned in previous reviews, I’ll be starting the spin off soon. So more of my and hopefully characters will make an appearance on the blog.

But let me get back to the book. Ah, it was a fantastic conclusion, well, it’s not all that much of conclusion, as there are many questions and concerns left open, but it’s the ending that is called happy! We still have to see Kylie’s ad Lucas’s wedding and her mom coming to terms that her daughter is dating a werewolf and living with a vampire. No problems with witches whatsoever.

What I really loved about this book is all those feelings that Kylie and Lucas have. They’re raw, and at some ties you just hate Kylie for her rationality, because you just want her to run into a different pair of arms, but that’s not the case you get! Sorry, ad apologies for spoilers. If you were team Derek, well he does end up with a chameleon in the end…

There’s one moment, it’s right at the beginning that every time I read it I feel for Lucas so deep, and every time I reread his words:

“ No, you’re wrong. I didn’t give her my soul. I lied. I couldn’t have given her my soul. Because my soul was already given away. You took it when I was seven years old.” His voice shook. “And if I had any of it left you took the rest of it when you walked into Shadow Falls that first day. In the were culture, it’s believed that there is only one soul mate. And you are mine, Kylie Galen. I knew that then, and it hasn’t hanged.”

Amazing right? U thought so too when I first rad it. Through out the book, I had lots of highlights, but this one always makes me underline the words again.

This book draws conclusion to many things, if you were anti-John person from the beginning, well, his identity will leave you shocked for a minute, but you’ll get over it soon, no time to dwell on it. Some ass kicking is coming!

If you aren’t a fan of this book, I advise you to reread it, how could you miss all that fantastic humor, slang, and plot? I’m more than happy that one night 4 years ago I stumbled on this book! I hope you’ll love this book as much as I did. I know the review is a bit short, but if I started I would have spilled so many secrets like Della is… see, I’m on the verge of starting spoiling the amazing series. Hope you stay tuned for the next books in the spin-off series – Shadow Falls: After Dark. Don’t forget to share your thoughts below. I really want to know what you thought about this book. Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie



My Rating:



No comments:

Post a Comment