Friday 13 November 2015

Book Review: Tempus by Holly Lauren (the GenEx Saga #1)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: Tempus

Author: Holly Lauren 

Publication Date: 25 November 2013

Publisher: Libertine Press







Summary:


Chapel Ryan isn't crazy. At least, that's what she's been trying to convince herself of for most of her life. But after being hallucination-free for three years, Chapel finds herself facedown on her English classroom’s gritty linoleum floor. When she looks up, everyone around her is suspended in animation. Mouths hang open mid-yawn, feet hover mid-cross, Ms. Freeman’s arm flexes mid-sentence diagram. It's another hallucination. Or, is it? 

Chapel prepares to tear herself back to reality when something happens. Something that has never happened before in any of her hallucinations--someone moves. And not just any someone—it’s the new guy with a scar over his lip and a reputation as black as his perfectly styled hair. And all of the sudden Chapel's white-knuckle grip on her life has slipped, and with it, her assurance that what she's experiencing isn't real.


My Thoughts:


Hello everyone and welcome back to Katie’s Corner! Today I’m having a book, which I received over a year ago, but I somehow lost the thread while reading or just something came up, so I didn’t have time to finish it. But now with my campaign to read all my started books this was number 6 on the list. Though I actually still have to read number 1 and 2. Because before I stopped reading the book I had covered more than a half, as soon as I started reading it I was quite confused. Because truthfully speaking I couldn’t really remember half of what was happening. But I regained my memory very fast and was wondering why was it that I dropped this book.

First of all, I adore when the book is about people with super powers and there are organizations hunting them. Don’t you love such books? They’re fun and it’s always interesting to see how the author wants to build his or her realistic world with people running with super powers. Ms. Lauren did it great, and I actually liked that she put some limitations on some of the powers. Mostly on Chapel and her ability to pause time. Wouldn’t it be awesome to pause time? Ideally yes, but if you’re thinking that you’re going crazy then of course hell no! And that’s what’s happening Chapel! I enjoyed Chapel a lot. She’s a great character and very interesting to follow. She’s strong but she does loose her strength in some moments, but you still love her immensely, because if she continued to be strong in that moment she’d just lose all her Chapel points.

What really astonished me in this story is the romance direction. Until the last moment in the book I was waiting for her to choose Gabe, but somewhere in the middle of the book it was clear that she would stay with Zay. Zay does disappoint me in some parts, but in the end I still liked the guy. When I first got the book I already knew that I would have at least one more book after it. And truthfully the Epilogue of the story left me speechless for a minute or so. I had my suspicions, more like hypothesizes, but to actually implement it and ruin the memories of someone, well, Chapel to be exact, I didn’t think the author could do it to her character. I’m off to read the second book, because it promises to be fantastic! I hope you’ll start reading this series very soon! Enjoy it to its fullest an don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos! Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO


Katie

My Rating:




No comments:

Post a Comment