Friday 18 December 2015

Book Review: My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent (Soul Screamers #2)




Summary (from Goodreads)

Title: My Soul to Save

Author: Rachel Vincent

Publication Date: 29 December 2009

Publisher: Harlequin Teen







Summary:



When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies.

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul.

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand.

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...
 


My Thoughts:


As promised, I’m continuing with Soul Screamer’s series by Rachel Vincent. And it’s time for book 2, but if you haven’t read the review for the first and the prequel books, you can find them on my blog. But let me get back to the book. As I have mentioned in the previous review, the book ended with not a real cliffhanger, and this one started about 2 weeks later from the events in the first one and had nothing in common as the first one. Okay, let me elaborate on that.  The characters are the same, it’s just that the villain is totally different and there’s no seeing the previous one, that’s why I said it was different. Also, the book is much shorter and takes its time to build the action.

I really liked how the characters developed, especially Kaylee, as I got to know more of her and I liked her rationality. It also amazed me how she could come up with quick solutions on a whim. She’s really terrific at that f you do think about it. Another character that makes a lot of appearances is Tod and you need to pay close attention to him as he will shock you with his choices many times, but just keep in mind this: he is a grim reaper first and everything else second. We get to experience Netherworld, and trust me you need to be there. We only get bits but I believe we will be seeing more of it in the next books.

Are you ready for another mind-blowing adventure from Kaylee and Nash? Their relationship is getting more and more intense and you really need to witness the Father-daughter relationship that Kaylee has with her dad. Enjoy it to its fullest and don’t forget to share your thoughts below! Stay tuned for more reviews as well as promos. Don’t miss your next favourite book or manga! Happy reading!

XOXO

Katie

My Rating:





No comments:

Post a Comment